Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dear Diary!

I have had 4 stuck episodes since my last fill.  Some of them are due to seeing what my tighter band will tolerate.  The others are because I'm not cutting teeny bites and chewing them like I should.  I'm still new at this and there is definitely a learning curve, especially after fills!

Last night, it seems I have shown to myself I can indeed listen to the band's messages!

I was over hungry yet again when I got home.  I wanted to work a bit with the puppy Millie, so I got some rotisserie chicken (yeah, got stuck on that the night before) out to work with her.  Our trainer Kat says if you want them to learn the fastest, use really high value treats.  She's right.  Millie will really work for rotisserie chicken.  For kibble? Not so much.

Anyway, the chicken was soooooo good.  A tiny bit for Millie.  A tiny bit for me.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  After a few bites, I felt that twinge behind my sternum.  OH!  That means STOP!  

Guess what?  I STOPPED!!!!  No sliming, no PB.  Just a few minutes of discomfort until the chicken chunk settled.  I waited awhile and then all was fine in the world.  Ahhhh.  I'm definitely going to get the hang of this thing eventually!



No comments: