Friday, March 20, 2009

Man! I wasted a meal!!!

Technically I have 26 meals left until I start my liquid diet.  Between now and then I am going to indulge in some of my favorite foods, especially things I know I will not be having for a long, long time (if ever).  

Thinking about it in those terms makes me realize I don't want to waste any calories on crappy food.  Well, crappy tasting food.  

Every Friday we go out to lunch.  Today there's a bit of a time crunch so we went someplace close and fast.  A bagel joint.  I usually get a roast beef sandwich on a small, square bagel-thing.  It comes with a creamy horseradish sauce.  I got my regular today, but they changed the sauce.  It was PURE HORSERADISH!  Gag.  I ended up barely picking at it, eating the cheese, half the meat and barely any bread.  

Dang it!  Now I'm down to 26 meals and #27 was a wash.  Next time I will think more carefully about what I want.  Don't want to waste it on something that is too hideous to eat.  Much less paying for something that was nasty.  

Maybe I'll swing by Publix and buy some cubed steak on the way home. YUM!  Then I will be a mere 25 meals away from escaping the tyranny of food.  Yippeee!

No comments: