Monday, March 23, 2009

Two weeks from today...

Talk about hurry up and wait!  Now that I am only two weeks out, things are starting to go very quickly!  (Yaay!  I just realized I have an extra weekend I didn't think I had.  Whew. I can actually work on cleaning house.)

I am down to 19 meals and rather disappointed.  Not that my supply of favorite meals is dwindling, but that the stuff I'm eating really isn't all that good.  I had my minute steaks but they were not seasoned quite right.  Ehh.  I had a NY strip last night off the grill, but it was more medium than medium rare.  Ehh.  I got a piece of chocolate cake at O'Charleys.  Ehh.

I think my head is starting to disengage from this whole eating thing.  After 41 years of eating for reasons other than hunger, my brain is finally coming to its senses.  Ehh, it's just food.

Now that I have so many things going on in my life, and more friends than I have had in ages, food is not nearly as high on the totem pole.  And that's a great thing!

I think if things keep going the way they have been, that by the time my liquid diet starts on Sunday, I'll be welcoming it.  A palate cleansing phase, if you will, defining the span between my old life and my new, exciting life where food is not the sun around which I focus, but friends and relationships are.  That and shopping.  ; )

No comments: