Sunday, May 10, 2009

New to me!

Ha!  I haven't been on a date in centuries and guys generally don't give me the time of day.  But the past few days, I've been quite amused by a bit of attention.

This morning I went to Home Depot to get some mulch and fencing stuff.  The bags of mulch were really heavy and slippery because of all the recent rains.  I was at the trunk of my car trying to maneuver a bag into my trunk when this guy ran up to me and asked if he could help me.  Whaaaaaa?

I have wrangled many a huge and awkward object into the trunk of my coupe . . . landscape timbers, many bags of dirt & mulch, etc.  Not once has anyone offered me any help!

So having a stranger help me was quite entertaining to me!  How fun!

And the other day I had a busy manager help me at FedEx Kinkos. Usually when I drop off posters for laminating, they take it and tell me to come back in a few days.  Last week the manager did it on the spot, ignoring the long line of people waiting to take care of me.  Tee hee!

I don't think this is because of my nearly 50 lb weight loss.  Actually, I think it is because I feel so much better physically and emotionally that I have a completely different air about me.  

I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes me!

No comments: