Sunday, May 3, 2009

Seriously? Looking forward to Monday?

Though I love the weekends, I miss the structure of the work week.  

I eat breakfast and take my meds and vitamins at home.  Enjoy a nice 20 minute walk to the office from the parking lots.  11 am is a blood sugar check followed by 2 calcium lozenges.  I eat lunch around noon. Between 2 and 3 pm, another blood sugar check, a yogurt snack and the rest of the day's calcium.  Take another 20 minute walk to the car.  Dinner when I get home from work.

Structure.  For an Oh Shiny person like me, structure is a good thing.

This weekend has been great, but my schedule has been completely random.  No breakfast yesterday, had a huge meal at the OH picnic. Had a little left over crock pot chicken and beans for dinner.  Today I had coffee at 9 am, ate nothing until about 2 pm, and just finished dinner at 8:45.  Bleh.  Not ideal.

Plus, I am now in the scary world of Soft Foods.  There are so many options in Soft Food Land!  Yikes!!!  Having a larger selection of things to eat AND no structure is a recipe for disaster!  Just a good reminder that I need to continue to be aware of what I'm doing (or not doing) and make sure to be in control of my choices, not falling into old, bad habits.

Hopefully the rain will go away soon so I can spend more time out working in the yard and far away from the kitchen!

Only 10 days until my first fill.  Hopefully at that point, my bandy will help out some and I'll have to rely less on will power.  I'll tell ya, it's been a long 5 weeks since I started the liquid diet.  I am SO looking forward to some restriction!

No comments: